Succulent lovers, here’s an amazing place to stop on your way to San Diego – Succulent Cafe in Oceanside, CA. Have a cup of delicious locally roasted coffee, nosh a fresh baked pastry, cozy up in a chair and soak in the expanse of colorful varieties of succulents, art, and creative arrangements. The owner, Peter Loyola, has created a virtual secret garden right in the middle of town – vertical arrangements accented by drift wood, unique beds of Aoenium and blue fingers in repurposed rain gutters, and local artwork line the private, serene courtyard. Peter said his goal was stimulate all the senses, and he has succeeded!
On the weekends, the cafe features local music, including an occasional visit by harpist Geri Afshari. The private patio is also available to rent for private parties, the perfect atmosphere for a small reception. Like them on Facebook to get notifications of special events including art shows and musical events.
Featured in the Best of San Diego in San Diego Magazine, this little gem is worth the trip. Stop in and tell them you saw them on Everything Succulent!
- Succulents: The Busy Woman’s Plant (proplants.com)
- A Thorny Subject (eclecticstirling.com)
- WEDDING WEDNESDAY: Wedding Day Succulents (paradisespringsmountain.wordpress.com)
- Succulent Terrariums! (cakeyhankerson.com)
- Bodacious succulent gardens in vintage planters (californiapixie.com)
- Milk glass and succulent plants…a perfect combo (allthingsmilkglass.com)